New Summer Dance Programs
During our dance classes your little dancer will be exposed to music and movement while learning the basic fundamentals of a classroom setting. Dancers are led through a series of stretches, games, and exercises with the help of various props and a real ballet barre! They will lengthen their attention span, gain independence, and learn classroom etiquette – such as taking turns and standing in line – all while developing gross motor skills, improving coordination, increasing balance, and building confidence and self-esteem. The benefits of dance for your little one are many! No prior dance experience is needed. Appropriate for boys and girls.
Teacher: Ansley DeLong
Dates: 7/12/2016 – 8/17/2016 (6 week session)
- While we encourage traditional dance attire, it is not required in our classes. However, please be sure that your child can move safely and comfortably in his/her outfit.
- Girls may wear leggings or shorts in lieu of dance wear.
- Boys may wear stretch jeans/pants or shorts and a tee shirt.
- No jeans, baggy clothing or socks.
- All dancers should be barefoot or wear dance shoes appropriate to their class (available at Target, Payless, and various online dancewear retailers—check with us for a promo code for Discount Dance Supply).
- Ballet slipper laces must be double knotted and either tucked into the shoes or cut off completely.
- Please initial both of your child’s shoes with a black marker.
- Long hair must be pulled back into a bun or ponytail.